Turkey Recall In Michigan From A Grand Rapids Company
Michigan Turkey Producers are recalling a number of products that could be in your lunch box today.
According to WWMT.com you should not eat the following products...
- "12-lb. packages containing “MESON SANDWICHES, OVEN ROASTED SLICED TURKEY BREAST” with a use or freeze by date of 11/27/16, and a case code of “48598” on the left side of the label
- 22-lb. logs containing “OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH BROTH,” with a use or freeze by date of 11/27/16, and a case code of “48576” on the left side of the label
- 22-lb. logs containing "OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH BROOTH," with a use or freeze by date of 12/15/16 and case code of "48576" on the left side of the label"
The company is recalling 54,000 pounds of meat because of potential health risks. Currently there have being no reports of anyone becoming ill but Healthline.com says to watch for these symptoms if you think you have ingested bad food....
"Symptoms of potentially life-threatening food poisoning include:
- diarrhea persisting for more than three days
- a fever higher than 101.5°F
- difficulty seeing or speaking
- symptoms of severe dehydration, which may include dry mouth, passing little to no urine, and difficulty keeping fluids down
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should contact your doctor immediately."
The recall was listed as a "class one". According to FDA.gov a "class one" recall means...
"A situation in which there is a reasonable probability that the use of or exposure to a violative product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death."
If you have any of these products throw them out or return them to the place you bought them from!