MDOT Suspending Construction
MDOT is suspending as much work as possible this weekend and urges safety.
AAA Michigan estimates 1.2 million motorists will be using Michigan roads and bridges during the Labor Day holiday weekend. MDOT is suspending as much work as possible from 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 4, until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 8. Up-to-date construction and traffic information is always available on the MDOT Mi Drive app and website. Motorists are advised that equipment and temporary traffic configurations, like minor shifts, may remain in place, requiring motorists to adjust their speed and pay attention.
Affected Work Zones:
- L Drive North in Marshall Township, Calhoun County, has one lane open on the bridge over I-69 under temporary signals.
- Sprinkle Road in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, has one lane open in each direction over I-94.
- I-94 Business Loop (Columbia Avenue) in Battle Creek, Calhoun County, is closed at I-94 Exit 92 and detoured.
- I-94 Business Loop (Stadium Drive) in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo County, has one lane open in each direction at US-131.
- M-60 in Mendon, St. Joseph County, has a posted detour for westbound traffic.
- M-139 in Niles, Cass County, is closed over the St. Joseph River with a posted detour.
For more information, contact Nick Schirripa, Southwest Region Communications Representative, at 269-208-7829.