Don’t Blow Yourself Up This 4th of July in Kalamazoo
Fireworks safety tips
Fireworkssafety.org has a list of recommended safety tips and here are the top 10:
1. Know your fireworks; read the labels carefully before igniting
2. Never give fireworks to children...ever.
3. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix so, wait until after you light them off, to drink.
4. Wear safety glasses
5. Light ONE firework at a time
6. Use fireworks OUTDOORS away from homes and vehicles
7. If it's a dud, don't try to relight it. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in water.
8. Speaking of water, you should always have a bucket of water or a hose nearby in case of a fire.
9. Don't use your own homemade fireworks
10. Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department:
Kalamazoo Township Police Department
City of Kalamazoo Public Safety
Where and when are the fireworks in your area? Click below to get all the info.