Restaurant Shuts Down as Big Boy Leaves Town
Here's what people are saying about Big Boy closing a community landmark.
An abrupt closing leaves a Michigan town wondering how long will the chubby mascot in the checkerboard overalls remain standing in front of an empty building.
A typed note was posted on the door of the Coldwater Big Boy on Chicago Drive April 2:
We appreciate your business but this location will be closed as of 4/2/2018
Please visit our Battle Creek location
- It was a sad day 💔😭
- They are the only place that has hot fudge ice cream cake. Dang!
- That's so sad! Such nice servers there and we loved having breakfast there.
- Sad...been there since the 70's...
- Maybe if it would have been clean it would of had a better chance. But it was nasty dirty gross.
- I remember going in here all the time growing up so sad now we have to go all the way to battle creek ugh
- My mom & I would meet family members every Saturday morning for many years, we took up a lot of room! This started in the 70's!!
- Lots of memories there.
- My childhood is dying in front of my eyes 💔
- We always went there once a year to remind us why we never went there.
Word is, the building and location have been sold but to whom? Where will Coldwater go to get a Slim Jim, onion rings and key lime pie? What do you think they should open instead?