10 Christmas Traditions For The Family In Kalamazoo
Looking to make the holidays unforgettable? Here are some great ideas for any family.
Christmas is a time that memories are made. For myself, I remember finding a gift from Santa hidden under my pillow on Christmas morning. The food, the laughter, the time spent with friends is forever bedded in my mind and heart.
- Make hot chocolate and cookies and drive around Christmas Card Lane looking at the Cards and homes.
- Give matching Christmas pajamas for the whole family on Christmas Eve.
- Make reindeer food out of dried oats and glitter and have the kids sprinkle it in the backyard on Christmas Eve. That is one that my family does every year!
- Watch a movie classic and drink hot chocolate every Christmas Eve.
- Have a camp out one night under the Christmas tree that came from Wahmhoff Farms and Nursery in Golbes .
- Booby trap the children’s bedroom doors by creating a web of green and red streamers the kids have to break through on Christmas morning.
- Take a picture each year in front of the Santa in Downtown Kalamazoo. Keep an ongoing collection for a photo series that shows them growing up.
- Read 'The Polar Express' to your kids before you tuck them in. This beautiful story was written by a Michigander.
- Leave stockings at the foot of your children’s bed for Santa to fill to keep them entertain as you catch a few more winks Christmas morning (one can dream)!
- Gather the family around the Christmas tree before bed and enjoy a sweet piece of Stollen from Berts Bakery.
Whatever your family traditions are, enjoy them! Merry Holidays to one and all!