WMU Career Fairs Begin Wed; Looking For Job and Intern Candidates
Western Michigan University's Spring Career Fairs begin this Wednesday (Jan. 23rd) and will continue through April 10th. The school plans to bring in "hundreds of employers" during the spring semester "to participate in career fairs and vie for candidates to fill full- and part-time jobs as well as internships and co-op positions", according to a release by the school.
No registration is necessary to attend the fairs, but there will be a check-in station at many of the events. Numerous employers will conduct next-day interviews on campus with their selected first-round candidates. - WMU
WMU say the "biggest spring event is the annual February Career Fair, which already has about 140 employers signed up to participate. It focuses on those seeking employment in such areas as business; health care; aviation; human development; and the liberal arts, fine arts and soft sciences".
Here is the remainder of the Spring Career Fair schedule:
• Wednesday, Jan. 23--Integrated Supply Management Career Night sponsored by IDEX, 5 to 8:30 p.m., Bernhard Center.
• Wednesday, Feb. 6--Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Job Fair, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Bernhard Center.
• Wednesday, Feb. 6--Marketing, Food/Sales Marketing Career Night sponsored by Ethos Group, 5 to 8 p.m., Fetzer Center.
• Thursday, Feb. 7--41st annual Career Fair, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Bernhard Center.
• Friday, Feb. 8--Government and Nonprofit Job Fair, 1 to 4 p.m., Bernhard Center.
• Friday, April 5--Aviation Outlook Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Aviation Education Center, College of Aviation site in Battle Creek.
• Wednesday, April 10--Education Career Fair, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Bernhard Center.