Winterfest Family Fun This Weekend at Timber Ridge
Looking for something fun for the family to do this weekend?
How about Frozen Winterfest 2015 this Friday through Sunday at Timber Ridge in Gobles?
It looks like a blast. There's going to be lots of music, food and awesome prizes.
Come out and enjoy the Cardboard Classic Sled Race, Penguin Slide, volleyball in the snow, horseshoes and much more.
Here's the full list of events:
- 3 to 5 p.m. — Join me, Dana Marshall, at Timber Ridge in Gobles to kick off the weekend.
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. — Slopes will be open!
- 10 a.m. — Demo Tent on the Slope "Try Before You Buy."
- 10:30 a.m. — Cardboard Classic Sled Race (meet at the BBQ Deck; the race happens on Hemlock for prizes, including a 2015-16 season pass).
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — NASTAR ON OAK (Weather permitting; racing for medals).
- 11 a.m. — Chili Cook-off in the Snowshoe entry period.
- Noon — Old-Fashion Chicken BBQ, with all the fix'ins. Bloody Mary Bar in Upper Snowshoe.
- Noon to 2 p.m. — Chili Cook-off in the Snowshoe tasting.
- 12:30 p.m. — Penguin Slide (ages 5 to 12; sign up at Snowsports Desk; prizes)
- 1 to 5 p.m. — Music by Scrap Yard Band in the Snowshoe
- 2 p.m. — Volleyball in the Snow, sign up for prizes (In Front of the Snowshoe Deck-Sign up at the Snowsports Desk)
- 3 p.m. — Horseshoes In The Snow! Prizes in front of the Showshoe Deckhorseshoe
- 7 to 11 p.m. — Music of "Break-Out Band" at the Snowshoe Bar
- 10 p.m. to close — Torch parade on the slope
- 10 a.m. — Burton demo and more on the slopes (try before you buy)
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — NASTAR (weather permitting; racing for medals)
- Noon — Dummy Downhill Inspection near BBQ pit (Dummy Run at 2 p.m.)
- Noon to 2 p.m. — Family snow sculpting
- Noon — Party of the deck with bluegrass music, drinks and Texas BBQ
- 2 p.m. — Dummy Downhill run on Hemlock (meet near the deck)
- 3 p.m. — Horsehoes in the snow (in front of the deck)