How do you celebrate the day dedicated to the pizza pie?
I love a good pizza and even Dean Martin sings about the Italian dish in the tune "That's Amore". In fact so many people love pizza that it has it's own National Day!
The National Pizza Day website had some great facts about most kids favorite food...
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
If you are looking for a good pizza joint around Kalamazoo, here are a few reviews from yelp...
The best pizza place in Kalamazoo by far. I went to Western and whenever passing through (or staying in) Kalamazoo we make sure we stop. The sauce is my favorite pizza sauce in the world
Becky H. weighed in on Mod Pizza via yelp.com...
Tried it out for the first time today and the pizza was really tasty! The crust was nice and crispy which I like and the ingredients they did have seemed fresh.
Kendra L took the time to post on yelp.com about her experience at Bimbo's...
Wow! We went here because it was close to our hotel, and we are so glad we did! We chatted with the owner who is super friendly. The pizza was hot, fresh, and VERY tasty! We are on way back for the second time in our long weekend ;-)
With the winter weather hitting Southwest Michigan hard, this night may be the perfect pizza night!