Kalamazoo Kids Are Back To School Do They Have What They Need
Times have changed, and what kids need to go back to school is not as cool as I remember it.
RealSimple.com had a list of what kids today need for the first day of school...
- Agenda or planner to keep track of homework assignments.
- Binder dividers.
- 1 binder per subject.
- 1 folder per subject for handouts.
- Calculator, if allowed.
- 2 highlighters in different colors.
- 1 pack of No. 2 pencils (12-count)
My question is what happened too...
- The box of Crayola Crayons with sharpener in the back
- Markers that smelled like fruit flavors
- The plastic ruler that came in every color of the rainbow
- Your own personal sharpener
- The pencil box
- Personal Stapler
- Lunch box (with the thermos)
I remember LOVING back to school shopping; every crayon was unbroken, every pencil long and nothing marked up yet. Now days it seems so...dare I say boring?!? I am the only one that remembers the fun times of shopping for school supplies? What do you miss, I would be so happy to know that I am not alone in what I am missing!
If You're Done With NIKE, Here's How To Make A Real Difference