Edible alcohol sounds like the latest invention from the newest craft cocktail establishment in town but, in fact, it's a potentially dangerous mistake.

Leafree Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe Vera is being voluntarily recalled by Corgio Med, LLC due to bottles being labeld as "edible". Clearly, this was a mistake, but you may be thinking, "what's the big deal?". In a statement to MLive, Corgio Med, LLC highlighted to potential dangers of ingesting hand sanitizer.

Ingesting hand sanitizer, which is intended for topical use, may result in alcohol toxicity. Symptoms of alcohol toxicity may range from lack of coordination, slowed or slurred speech, drowsiness to coma, which can be fatal.

This in no way discourages you from using hand sanitizer...just not like THAT. I would love to believe warnings against eating hand sanitizer wouldn't be necessary but trends like the Tide Pod challenge have proved otherwise. If you're going to consume alcohol, please stick with wines, beers and liquors that you're used to.

If you've recently purchased hand sanitizer (and in this day and age who hasn't?) you can find all the information about the included recalled product and where to return it here.

As well, if you think you may have accidentally, or on purpose, consumed hand sanitizer the company is encouraging you to seek attention from your doctor or health care provider.

Enter your number to get our free mobile app

MORE: 5 Things I Never Thought I'd Hear Or Say Before COVID-19

More From WKFR