10 Things I Learned From Marching Band
We are on the search for the BEST Marching band in West Michigan, but what did you learn from being a band geek?
WKFR is searching for the best Marching Band in West Michigan and that got me thinking. I LOVED being part of the marching band. In fact to this day my closest friends are those that I marched with way back when. We were proud band geeks, and I realize, how a little band that could (and did) taught me some of life's greatest lessons.
Here are the 10 Golden Rules I learned from being part of a Marching Band and Drum Corp.
- Early is on time, on time is late.
- Keep your horn at a 45 degree angle (in no band terms, stand up straight).
- Don't touch broken reeds on the floor.
- There is no substitute for preparation and practice.
- Keep your mind on ice and your heart on fire.
- The show will go on.
- If you are caught talking, you will be doing push-ups.
- Check your ego at the door.
- "One more time" never means the end of practice, no matter how late it is.
- One group, with one desire, can make magic happen.
I cherish the great memories and lessons that I learned, but I love the people I experienced it with more!