The SPCA’s 5k Doggie Dash Returns This September for its 11th Year
The SPCA of SW Michigan has announced that their 5k Doggie Dash is returning for the 11th year. If you and your pup would like to participate here a few important things you should know.
Registration is currently open for the 11th Annual 5k Doggie Dash, which is taking place on Saturday September 18th, and will cost you $25. That's the early registration fee. It will increase to $30 on August 1st.
Your registration cost also includes a t-shirt. Both of which can be picked up the week of the event at the SPCA of SW Michigan or on the day of the event at Spring Valley Park. Kids 12 and under can participate in the race for free however, their registration will not come with a shirt.
As well, group discounts are available for those with 6 or more in their group.
First of all, dogs are not required to run in this race. However, if you want to bring your dog along there are a few rules that you should be aware of:
- Dogs must be 4 months of age or older
- Dogs must be kept on a non-retractable leash of 6ft or less at all times
- Owners must keep their dogs under control and must clean up after them (bags will be provided)
- Dogs must be up to date on vaccines.
- Owners assume all risk and responsibility for any damages to person, property or other animals caused by their dog.
Where to Sign Up
Again, the 11th Annual 5k Doggie Dash is happening on Saturday, September 18th at 10am. Make sure you take advantage of the discounted registration while it lasts!
Thinking of doing a cookout this summer? Make sure you're not giving your dog something that may be poisonous to them. Here's a list of 30 common foods that are poisonous to dogs: