Roller Coaster Fanatics: Are You Ready For ‘Steel Vengeance’?
The Summer of 2017 isn't even over yet, and Cedar Point is already touting "the tallest, fastest and longest hybrid roller coaster in the world" for next Spring."Steel Vengeance" will join the line up of must ride roller coasters at Cedar Point.
At more than 200 feet tall, the new hybrid design combines a steel running track on a massive wooden structure that provides an extremely smooth and comfortable ride while enabling the coaster’s trains to perform maneuvers previously unheard of on a wooden roller coaster.
Cedar Point says Steel Vengeance is in a new classification of roller coaster – the “hyper-hybrid.” combining hybrid construction of steel track set atop a wood support structure, and reaching a height of over 200 feet – the defining feature of a “hyper-coaster.”
Cedar Point PR department points out these stats about the addition of Steel Vengeance:
- World’s tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet)
- World’s fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 mph)
- World’s steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
- World’s longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
- World’s longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
- Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
- Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
- Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
- World’s first “hyper-hybrid” roller coaster
- Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
- Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
- Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
- Most rides at one amusement park (71)
- Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)