Michigan Most Expensive State To Own A Car
and there's a pretty big swing...
According to PR Newswire,
A down payment is only the first of many costs associated with car ownership - considering insurance, maintenance and other expenses, a new study finds it costs an average of $11,227 to buy and own a car for three years - and this amount varies by thousands of dollar from state to state
According to a new study, it costs an average of $3,742 a year to own a car. Which includes gas, insurance, registration, and a few other things. But it also depends on what state you live in. Here are the five cheapest states to own a car:
1. New Hampshire - $2,699 a year.
2. Missouri - $3,093 a year.
3. North Carolina - $3,149 a year.
4. Wisconsin - $3,190 a year.
5. Ohio - $3,198 a year.
Now here are the five most expensive states:
1. Michigan - $5,105 a year. So almost twice what it costs in New Hampshire.
2. California - $4,817 a year.
3. New Jersey - $4,495 a year.
4. Florida - $4,404 a year.
5. Maryland - $4,309 a year.