Mark’s Meals: Super Easy Chicken Marsala Dinner
If you know me by now you know I love cooking. I've spent most of my life doing it as a profession. I also understand most of us work early in the morning and after coming home from a long day, sometimes dinner can be a chore. So I'm gonna be periodically showing you how to make some tasty, filling, and different meals while keeping health and convenience in mind.
For my first video, I'm gonna show you how to make "Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala." Below is the video but if it's easier for you, you can print out the directions and tweak it as you like. It turned out amazing and the chicken just melted. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Seasonings to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon of each)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine (may sub chicken broth in a pinch)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Fresh Spinach, roughly chopped
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray or vegetable oil. Season chicken with seasonings in the video or of your choice and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top chicken with garlic, mushrooms, spinach, onions and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Use a slotted utensil or tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate. Whisk together water and cornstarch mixture til dissolved, then pour it into the slow cooker and stir.
- Add the chicken back to slow cooker, switch heat to high, cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Taste and any more seasonings as needed.
- Place Chicken over Rice or Pasta as desired and top with the sauce and enjoy!