Meijer Installing Sneeze Guards in Lanes, Sandy the Pony Removed
On Wednesday, March 25, Meijer announced its plans to install plexiglass sneeze guards in the checkout lanes of all stores to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
Meijer also previously removed Sandy the Pony and has taken additional steps against coronavirus.
The sneeze guards will be installed beginning next week.
Other measures Meijer has taken against coronavirus include:
- Suspended the use of reusable bags by customers unless they're being used for the Shop & Scan program.
- Adjusted hours and added times exclusively for seniors, those most at risk for COVID-19 and essential service workers.
- Suspended deli and meat counter services.
- Suspended accepting beverage containers for return.
- Marked X's on the floor six feet apart in checkout lanes and at the pharmacy and service desk counters to demonstrate to customers where they should be standing for proper social distancing.