Kik Pool Is Open And The Waters Nice
The Kik pool made a splash opening weekend!
After a terribly long winter, summer is finally here and Kik pool is welcoming one and all!
Over the past weekend the Kik pool, located in Upjohn Park at 1018 Water Street in Kalamazoo, opened up the flood gates and welcomed guests to enjoy the warm weather at the pool!
The Kik pool will stay open till August 18th so now is the time to take advantage of all the great things offered...
- Aqua fitness
- Swimming lessons
- Lap Swimming
- Open Swim
- Swim Meets
According to the Mlive.com the cost to hang out at the pool for a day is $4.00 for those 17 years old and younger and $7.00 for everyone else. Family passes are available and you can call 269-337-8191 for more information.
Standard Rules of the Pool provided by swck12.org
- Swimmers must be free of colds and other contagious diseases.
- No hairpins, barrettes, jewelry or glasses.
- No food, drink, or gum anywhere on deck.
- No recreational equipment unless authorized by a lifeguard.
- All must shower before using pool.
- No spitting or blowing nose in the pool.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No running, pushing, dunking, or rough play in pool area, showers, or locker rooms.
- No diving in shallow end.
- Do not stand, play, or jump off ladders or railings.
- Stay clear of handicap ramp and railings at all times.
- All injuries must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
Other Rules I Think All Should Follow...
- No peeing in the pool
- Do not toss 'Baby Ruth' candy bars in the pool
- No bra's and panties allowed, only bathing suits
- No shaving your legs at the pool side (yes, that really happened in FL)
- The game is 'Marco Polo' not 'Marco Yolo'
Have fun and don't forget your sunscreen!