Kalamazoo Mice Have No Fear
When you have unwanted pets, here is how to rid your home of them
Over the weekend, my worst suspicions were confirmed. I have a mice issue in my Townhouse. Over the past few weeks, I thought I heard strange noises in the kitchen, and once worried that a crumb was a dropping. Then Sunday morning, I found this little guy EATING his human glue trap...eating his trap! When I walked into the kitchen, flipped on the light, this guy didn't flinch...he just looked up at me...what to do?!? Me, took a picture and waited for him to finish before brewing a cup of joe.
Then I had to know how to get this new pets out of my house!
Terminix.com had some helpful advice for getting rid of the sneaky brave little monsters...a.k.a. mice!
- Eliminate entry points.
- Use mouse traps.
- Choose the best bait for mouse traps.
- Proper placement of mouse traps is critical.
- Bait stations.
- Good sanitation won't get rid of mice, but poor sanitation will attract them.
- Tackle the mice in the house and out.
- Cats vs Mice.
I went out and bought some supplies to end this homestead issue...
Here is my current 'Kill Kit'
What is in the 'Kill Kit'
- Fly swatter...not sure why, just feel safer with it.
- Old fashioned mouse traps...you know the wooden ones that snap shut on you fingers.
- Tongs...to remove the mouse traps once the traps catch a critter.
- D-con...Poison treats to help with getting rid of the little monsters, I just hope they don't cross over (die) behind my stove.
- A special sweet treat to use on the mouse traps.
- Not shown in the photo, rubber gloves...not sure why, just feel better wearing them on these missions.
Wish me luck, I am afraid this guys might be there to stay.