Gas Leak Causes Massive Fire Near Great Lakes Crossing
Yesterday near the Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall, a massive gas leak caused an explosion that resulted in flames shooting up to 75 feet in the air.
Around 10 P.M. last night is when the fire began. The Auburn Hills Police Department sent out a tweet warning residents :
If you live within the area North of Brown Rd and South of Judah Rd, East of Baldwin and West of Joslyn in Orion Township, Fire Personnel are ordering evacuations.
According to WXYZ Detroit, a spokesperson for Consumers Energy said as of 12:05 A.M. the gas line has been shut off and any remaining gas would be left to burn out. Luckily, no injuries have been reported from the fire.
Watch the shocking footage below: