Are You Ready To Help “Stuff The Bus”? It’s Saturday From 10AM – 6PM
One of the most popular and gratifying events that we do at 103.3 KFR is Stuff the Bus. This year, with your help, we're helping out Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Southwest Michigan. This Saturday, beginning at 10am, we'll start stuffing an entire Metro Transit bus with toys and other fun items. The bus will be parked in front of Moe's Southwest Grill on South Westnedge in Portage.
When we say gratifying, we're talking about helping others. As parents, what makes your heart burst with pride is watching your kids get on the bus and put the toys in to the seating area and the look on their faces. It truly is the spirit of giving.
According to Cindy Schrauben of Big Brothers Big Sisters, “It seems that the first instinct for many people is to buy gifts for young children. But, unfortunately, this often means that there are few gifts for tweens and teens. We do serve many children who are between the ages of 11 and 18 so gifts for this age range are especially needed.”
Here are some suggestions:
- Personal hygiene items
- Gift cards
- Movie tickets
- Nail polish
- Clothing: hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts, socks, etc.
- Teen’s fashion scarves and hats
- Jewelry (pierced earrings, bracelets, necklaces)
- Board games
- itunes cards
- Basic watch
- Bike lock/chain
- Air pump for bike and/or balls
- Bus Tokens
- Scientific calculator
- Drawing/art supplies
- Sports equipment
How does Stuff the Bus make an impact here in Southwest Michigan?
- Big Brothers Big Sisters will serve 1,250 children this year.
- The ages served are 6 to 18.
- Male mentors are especially needed as there are about 200 children, mostly boys, on our waiting list.
- Families and couples can mentor a boy together which makes it easy to meet commitments to family and their Little.
- The children they serve are just normal kids who want and need additional adult guidance in their lives.