A New Bar/Indoor Dog Park is Now Open in Southwest Michigan
The first thought I have when I glance out my window and see my neighbor walking their dog is...that looks chilly. Again, this being my very first year living in a cold winter climate, there are some things I'm getting used to. Like the fact that, if you have a dog, you probably have to get creative when it comes to getting them the proper exercise even when there's feet of snow outside your door. That's why this idea, to me, is genius.
A new indoor dog park/bar has opened in southwest Michigan. Appropriately named The Pack, they celebrated their grand opening yesterday, January 4th, in Comstock Park. Here's what they're offering according to their website:
- Year round, climate controlled, indoor dog park
- Doggie Daycare
- An outdoor patio which will be opened in warmed months
- Food offerings like breakfast sandwiches, homemade pizzas with vegan and gluten free options, french fry platters, and more.
Keep in mind that the ban on indoor dining will prevent The Pack from serving food or beverages for the time being.
If you're planning your visit keep in mind there are a few different options as far as cost is concerned.
- Purchase a 5 visit punch card where you can visit The Pack 5 times and stay as long as you like. Cost: $30
- Drop your dog off for daycare where they can run and play, safely, all day long. You can drop them off anytime after 7am and pickup anytime before 6pm. Cost: $30
- Purchase an annual pass and visit as much as you want all year long. Exclusive food, beverage and event specials included. Cost: $200
There are a few steps that need to be taken before visiting The Pack. You'll need to register your dog on their website prior to your visit and upload current vaccination records too. You can do both here.