5 Things NOT To Do On The 1st Day Of Spring In MI
Even though temps are rising slowly, it does not feel like Spring yet in our great state
Even through the calendar says the May 20th is the first day of Spring, Mother Nature is holding tight to winter. Watching flowers struggle to come up, and random clumps of snirt on the side of the road makes us all hopeful that special day known as the first day of 'Spring' will changes everything...it won't. So, here are 5 things not to do on the first day of Spring this year.
- Do NOT put way your winter coats, hats, scarf's, gloves and mittens. Even though the days are warming up the mid 40's, the mornings and nights are still stuck in the 20's.
- Do NOT plan on starting that garden. The ground is still frozen and the chill of the spring night maybe too much for the young seedlings.
- Do NOT plan a family picnic to celebrate the first day of Spring. Not only is everything damp, it's hard to picnic wearing mittens...no fun!
- Do NOT open up all the windows in your home to 'air it out'. That is unless you want to see your heating bill so high that you might just pass out.
- Do NOT pull out and wear that flirty spring dress, it's just too cold.
This year the calendar may say Spring has arrived, but I think we have a couple more weeks before Mother Nature releases us from the chill of winter.