Watch KFR DJs LIVE on your Smartphone
Yep, there's an app for that.
The app is called Periscope and it enables you to watch live video of the people you follow. KFR just downloaded the app and we will be broadcasting live from the app for the first time during Roofsit this weekend. You can follow us by downloading the Periscope app and searching 103.3 WKFR and (if you allow the app) you'll get notifications each time we go live!
At first, I was a little confused about how it works but I did some research and it's simple:
- When you record video on your phone, you're recording live
- You can choose to save each broadcast for later use and you have the option to allow your followers to re-watch your broadcast if they missed it live, for example.
- You can broadcast to the world or you can choose certain people
- You can send and receive hearts for each broadcast and the more hearts you receive, the higher you get in the "Most Loved" list. (Really...? -_-)
- You can link it to your Twitter for more followers (I think that's really what the creators want you to do).
- To share a link to your broadcast on Twitter, you hit the bird icon before going live
It's that simple! You can follow me at @tessanicoles (My Twitter handle)!