Beware! Be on the Lookout for These 5 Michigan Scams
Now, more than ever, it's important for Michigan residents to look out for one another. In today's 'digital playground', it's crucial to stay on top of the latest scams and criminal tactics targeting our state. The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Michigan Attorney General's Office stay hyper-vigilant and will often release alerts for consumers and citizens to be on the look for. Here are the 5 most recent alerts issued that could directly impact you, or the people you care for in Michigan:
1. Beware of Sliders: Lock Your Doors While Getting Gas in Michigan
Learn about the alarming trend of 'sliders' stealing your valuables while you're traveling in Michigan, and get some insight on how not to fall victim to this new criminal tactic
2. New Michigan Scam Alert: ATM Users Don't Be Fooled
If you see something off about an ATM and your gut says: 'Something isn't right', trust your instincts.
Learn More: New Scam Targeting ATM Users in Michigan
3. 'Jugging' is Costly, Possibly Violent, Scam Michigan Needs to Know About
Do you withdraw large sums of cash? Stay one step ahead of the criminals, find out what 'jugging' is, and how to spot it.
4. Virtual Kidnapping in Michigan? The Reality of Artificial Intelligence on Your Phone
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has already been able to mimic your loved ones via text and email. Well, now it is being used to recreate your loved one's voice AND personality.
5. Michigan Seniors: Protect Your Heart and Wallets from Romance Scams
Learn to spot the signs of romance scams and 'catfishing' targeting Michigan seniors. Safeguard your emotions and protect your finances.