Look Inside the Abandoned Detroit House of Corrections Prison
The Detroit House of Corrections was home to thousands of prisoners beginning in 1861. The site, abandoned since 2004, was recently visited by a group of urban explorers.
The Detroit House of Corrections was a city-owned prison that was first built near the city's Eastern Market.
In 1919, the city purchased land in suburban Plymouth Township to build a new facility, that is what is shown in the video below. The prison was transferred to the State of Michigan and finally closed in 2004.
A group known as DetroitEXP visited the building recently and here's what they found
Note: There is NSFW language in some of the graffiti in the building. Be aware of all local trespassing laws before conducting any urban exploration.