Kalamazoo It’s Time To ‘Find Your Cause’
If you have ever thought of getting involved with charity and helping out, now is the timeThe 5th annual Find Your Cause event, hosted by the Kalamazoo Community Foundation in partnership with Gryphon Place Volunteer Services, is taking place this week. 'Find Your Cause' is described as...
Is an opportunity to connect with local nonprofits and find ways to get involved with their work in and with community by providing board service, technology assistance, administrative support, legal expertise, and more!
'Find Your Cause' has gotten 50 non-profit groups, searching for volunteer all in same place, so that you can have the chance to meet and talk with the groups. They will provide information about what they do and who they service so that you can make an educated decision on what group you would like to share your time with!
Here is a list of the non-profit groups that will be attending the event...
- Michigan League For Public Policy
- YWCA Kalamazoo
- OutFront Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo youth development network
- El Concilio
- SHARE (Society for History and Racial Equity)
- Disability Network Southwest Michigan
- Justice for Our Neighbors (JFON)
- Black Arts & Cultural Center
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- Northside Association for Community Development
- Can-Do Kitchen
- Douglass Community Association
- Building Blocks of Kalamazoo
- Senior Services Inc
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Council (KCAN)
- Ascension Borgess
- Gaurdian Financial Services
- Center for Transformation
- Community Healing Centers
- Ecumenical Senior Center
- Family & Children Services
- (HOPE) thru Navigation
- Ministry with Community
- Kalamazoo Drop-In Child Care Center
- First Day Shoe Fund
- Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Mich
- Kalamazoo Loaves & Fishes
- Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo County Ready 4s
- Kalamazoo Covenant Academy
- Kalamazoo Literacy Council
- Kalamazoo Nature Center
- Kalamazoo RESA
- SLD Read
- Read and Write Kalamazoo
- WMED- Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine
- Healthy House
- Open Doors Kalamazoo
- Fire Historical & Cultural Arts Collaborative
- Confident S.O.L.E.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo
- Girls on the Run of Greater Kalamazoo
- Gurlz of Color
- Open Roads Bike Program
- Prevention Works Inc.
- YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo
- Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
As you can see there is something for everyone of all ages. Nothing feels better then giving of yourself, and your time. Maybe this is the perfect event to assist you in making a difference.
The Event will be Thu, April 11, 2019 from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at the t Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan Kalamazoo Regional Program and Training Center, 601 West Maple Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.