A Road Trip To The Detroit Zoo Is Just What We Need This Spring
One of my favorite places to be in Michigan is the Detroit Zoo. Granted i grew up on that side of the state, it really is a magical place to take your family. Don't get me wrong, the Binder Park Zoo is great as well, but there are a ton of new attractions and happenings this year at the Detroit Zoo in Southfield that will definitely be worth the drive. Here are some of the newest additions you can expect to see this year:
- The Detroit Zoo unveiled their newly expanded Red Panda Forest in December. (Red Pandas= Happiness)
- The Zoo recently celebrated the birth of a female Bactrian Camel born Wednesday, March 27
- Fifty-four bats ,which include straw-colored fruit bats, short-tailed fruit bats and Jamaican fruit bats were also added along with five southern flying squirrels, a Linnea’s two-toed sloth and a Cranwell’s horned frog were moved to the Detroit Zoo. ( I LOVE SLOTHS!)
- A female chimpanzee was born on Saturday, July 14, 2018, at the Detroit Zoo’s Great Apes of Harambee.
- The Zoo also opened up Detroit's famous Buddy's Pizza