Cher Has Signed On To Star In A Movie About The Flint Water Crisis
Cher not only donated 180,000 bottles of water to the city of Flint, she is now set to star in a 'Lifetime' movie about the crisis.
Cher has signed on to star in a new Lifetime movie about the Flint water crisis. According to Hollywoodreporter.com...
"The drama is based on events in Flint about the poor management that led to water poisoning as well as the human elements of the residents who suffered — and whose voices were ignored. The movie was inspired by a February 2016 cover story in Time magazine called "The Toxic Tap," by Josh Sanburn. "
Cher's role will be that of a Flint resident whose family is impacted by the water crisis. Other big names are attached to this project. In fact Katie Couric will executive produce the film.
Cher is a legendary performer, she has done everything from movies, TV and of course, music. Yet, did you know how giving she is?
Cher is also known for her philanthropic endeavors including...
- Habitat for Humanity
- Health Research
- Patients Quality Of Life
- Veterans Rights
- Anti-poverty Initatives
Cher is also the namesake of the "Cher Charitable Foundation" which supports international projects such as...
- Intrepid Fallen Hero's Fund
- Operation Helmet
- Children's Craniofacial Association
That talented lady has been called a few things besides generous over the years.
Cher has been called...
- People dubbed her "pioneer of the belly beautiful"
- The Independent referred to as "the ultimate fashion icon"
- Journalists have often called her the "poster girl for plastic surgery"
- The Baltimore Sun tagged her as "Ms. Original Rose Tattoo"
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum honored her as one of the five "most beautiful women in history"
So not only is Cher beautiful but incredibly caring and giving. I am excited to see how this movie turns out, but if Cher is the star I am sure it will be great!