Here We Go Again; Kalamazoo Flood Warnings and Street Closures
The heavy rains that began Saturday have seen flooding return to the Kalamazoo area. A growing number of area streets and intersections are closed from the rain.
First, the flood warnings. The National Weather Service has issued a flood warnings for Kalamazoo and Van Buren counties, and more specifically, for the Portage River near Vicksburg, through at least Thursday.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Kalamazoo, Portage, South Haven, Paw Paw, Westwood, Van Buren SP, Vicksburg, Hartford, Galesburg, Mattawan, Lawton, Bangor, Decatur, Schoolcraft, Climax, Richland, Comstock Northwest, South Gull Lake, Alamo and Pine Grove. - National Weather Service
In the City of Kalamazoo, here's what streets and intersections are closed as of early Monday afternoon.
- Forest Street between Park Street and Rose Street
- Park Street between Crosstown Parkway and Forest Street
- Crosstown Parkway between Rose Street and Park Street
- Pitcher Street between Crosstown Parkway and Vine Street
- Dutton Street between Portage Street and Jasper Street
- Reed Court between Reed Street and Stockbridge Avenue