Come Celebrate America’s Veterans in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo County Honors our heroes on November 11th.
November 11th is a day that has, and always will, bring me to my knees with gratitude. November 11th is Veterans day; the day that we honor those men and woman who have served (and are serving) and the motto's they live by...
- The US Army: "This We'll Defend"
- The US Navy: "Honor, Courage, Commitment"
- The US Coast Guard: "Semper Paratu" (Always Ready)
- The US Air Force: "Aim High, Fly - Fight - Win"
- The US Marines Corp.: "Semper Fidelis" (Always Faithful)
Because of these incredible men and women we can all sleep safely at night knowing we are protected. So lets say thank you to them and celebrate Veterans day.
Veterans day is a special day to honor military veterans who have served and protected our country from it's start. This year on Veterans Day, the Rotary Club of Kalamazoo and the Kalamazoo County Veterans Service Office will present a program of remembrance for the veterans of World War I. The reason for this is because this Veterans Day falls on the 100th anniversary of when the Armistice with Germany went into effect and ended WWI.
The day will be filled with tributes and amazing speakers!
- Participants include honor guards from the United States Marine Corps
- The Kalamazoo County Sherriff's Office.
- Former curator of the Kalamazoo Valley Museum and an expert on Kalamazoo history Tom Deitz.
- Steve Rossio, of the Portage Public Library who will present a program about a Kalamazoo medic in WWI
- Col. Bryan Teff, Commander of the 110th Attack Wing, Michigan Air National Guard based in Battle Creek, and a veteran of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom, having deployed seven times to southwest Asia.
Included in the ceremony will be poetry and music.
The event will take place on Sunday, November 11th at Rose Park Veterans Memorial at 2:00 pm. This is an outdoor event so in the case of bad weather the event will be moved to Arcadia Ales.
BONUS VIDEO: If You're Done With NIKE, Here's How To Make A Real Difference