Summer 2016 Jobs Now Available at Mackinac Island and Mackinac Historic Parks
Ever dreamed of getting away for a full summer on Mackinac Island? Mackinac Historic Parks has opened up applications for the summer 2016 season.
There are dozens of jobs available on the island and Mackinac City. And generally housing is included with the island jobs.
Jobs with the parks include:
- American Indian Interpreter
- Art Museum Intern
- Blacksmith - Colonial Michilimackinac
- Blacksmith - Mackinac Island
- Collections Assistant Intern
- Colonial Michilimackinac Interpreter (Men)
- Colonial Michilimackinac Interpreter (Women)
- Exhibit Technician Intern
- Fort Mackinac Interpreter (Men)
- Guest Services Representative
- Historic House Interpreter (Women)
- Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park Interpreter
- Lighthouse Interpreter
- Marketing and Public Relations Intern
- Museum Store Clerk
- Naturalist/Adventure Tour Guide
- Park Operations Intern
- Scout Coordinator
Reddit user /u/SirAndrewTheMad shared this pitch in a thread on /r/Michigan,
I've worked for the state park for going on 7 years now, and Mackinac has become my second home. We are looking for historic interpreters to come work at the state park. What other job do you get to fire cannons and rifles, talk about history and live in one of the most beautiful parts of the most beautiful state in the country?
There are positions open at Fort Mackinac, Fort Michilimackinac on the mainland (1770s fortified fur trading village where I work) Mill Creek and the Lighthouse. All of the positions have housing available! So if you love history, talking to people, or just love Michigan, this might be the job for you.
Looking for a job closer to home? Check out the Southwest Michigan Job Fair coming to the Kalmazoo County Expo Center