Townsquare Media – Kalamazoo Job Opportunities
Position: Regional Business Manager
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance recommended; 3-5 years accounting experience and 2 years supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; Internet, Accounting and Database software. Great Plains experience is preferred but not required.
- Supervises employees in the Business & Traffic Offices. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises G&A and Traffic Department
- Responsible for monthly financial close
- Maintains the general ledger
- Analyzes costs and provides explanations on the variance from actual vs. budget
- Processes and reviews account payables, payroll, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation of accounts
- Prepares sales/tax use spreadsheet and filing sales tax forms with the state each month or quarter as needed
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Prepares budget spreadsheets, entering all budgeted revenue and expenses
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, preparation of payrolls, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors
- Audits invoices, researches discrepancies and approves for payment.
- Reconciles bank statements
- Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities
To apply for the Business Manager position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Start Date: Immediate
Position: Sales Account Executive
- As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. PREVIOUS BROADCAST/DIGITAL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
- A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorship and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountability set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Start Date: Rolling
Position: Digital Content Intern
- Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) or graduate Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Film, Video and Media Studies or similar-field-of-study student
- Creative, ambitious, energetic and motivated to share our local news/features with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of social media channels and opportunities
- Computer technical skills (preferred but not required: WordPress, iMovie, Adobe Premiere)
- Must be reliable and demonstrate excellent follow-through, project management, teamwork and technical skills
- Must be able to commit to the position for at least one semester.
- Must receive college credit for the internship.
- The Townsquare Media Southwest Michigan Intern will work as part of the Townsquare Media (TSM) team, under the supervision of the Digital Managing Editor, to provide assistance in editing, maintaining and enhancing the digital presence of the following radio brands’ websites and social media channels: 103.3 KFR, 107.7 RKR, Kalamazoo’s Country 102.5, WKMI 1360, 95.3 WBCK and Mix 104.9. The intern will interact with TSM team members, listeners and media representatives to help build and maintain a strong brand image and disseminate information regarding each of TSM’s local stations. The position requires 15-20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern may work on the following projects:
- Top-edit several posts and features
- Share station posts on TSM’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Write press releases and disseminate information to media outlets
- Grow the local digital audience
- Assist in creative projects, including videos and blogging
- Attend TSM Southwest Michigan’s Live Events as part of the team and create content for the radio stations’ websites and social sites (ex: Oktobeerfest Kalamazoo, America On Tap Beer Fest, Wine Not? Winter Wine Festival, Ribfest, etc.)
- Publicize news/events related to the greater community
- Help develop a social media plan
- Update and maintain media contact lists
- Implement promotions online
- Research local events, news and information and develop story ideas for online contributors
- Other tasks as needed
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.