Townsquare Media – Kalamazoo Job Opportunities
Start Date: Immediate
Position: Media Digital Sales Executive
- As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. PREVIOUS BROADCAST/DIGITAL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
- A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorship and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell advertising programs which include local radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs and digital marketing services
- Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
- Cultivate new relationships with local businesses thru effective cold calling & networking
- Develop advertising campaigns for clients, both new and existing
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and over-achieve annual budgets
- Enter new customer data and other sales contract details for clients into computer database
- Follow accountability set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
Start Date: Immediate
Position: Multi Station News Assistant
- As part of a hiring initiative for the Multi Station News Assistant position we are looking for someone who has a passion to find and break news, and has a pleasant, authoritative voice who can read smoothly. We are seeking someone with a College degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent newsroom experience with 2 years minimum in radio / television. You must have the ability to work under stress and short deadlines, while using multiple sources to gather news and information. Ideal applicant must have excellent grammar skills and pronunciation with a knack for good diction. Must have a good understanding of Microsoft Word and video editing skills in iMovie is a plus.
- The Station News Assistant will be given the opportunity to excel and advance by anchoring live newscasts and being an active role on the morning radio show. You will be responsible for creating content and producing spots for three pre-recorded shows across two of our markets while operating with a multi-media mind set and approach to the news we cover. You will assist in other station support work as needed.
- Anchor live newscasts on the WBCK Morning Show, taking an active role during the 5:30am-9am hours.
- Must maintain dignity, accuracy and impartiality at all times when on air.
- Pre-record news and weather casts for the WBXX and WKMI morning shows as well as the WBCK shows from 9am-4pm.
- Write, edit and re-write news information for fresh presentation during the broadcast day.
- Be responsible for the planning, preparation, and delivery of all news, gathering news, following tips and pursuing news angles to local stories.
- Use a multi-media approach to the news, using social media, websites and video, as well as the radio airwaves to spread news.
- Write and post stories to the WBCK and WBXX websites each day.
- Extract news actualities from “The Richard Piet Show” and “Live with Renk” Show, and use in news stories.
- Work to build relationships with city leaders, law enforcement personnel and other newsmakers and news sources.
Start Date: Rolling
Position: Digital Content Intern
- Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) or graduate Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Film, Video and Media Studies or similar-field-of-study student
- Creative, ambitious, energetic and motivated to share our local news/features with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of social media channels and opportunities
- Computer technical skills (preferred but not required: WordPress, iMovie, Adobe Premiere)
- Must be reliable and demonstrate excellent follow-through, project management, teamwork and technical skills
- Must be able to commit to the position for at least one semester.
- Must receive college credit for the internship.
- The Townsquare Media Southwest Michigan Intern will work as part of the Townsquare Media (TSM) team, under the supervision of the Digital Managing Editor, to provide assistance in editing, maintaining and enhancing the digital presence of the following radio brands’ websites and social media channels: 103.3 KFR, 107.7 RKR, Kalamazoo’s Country 102.5, WKMI 1360, 95.3 WBCK and Mix 104.9. The intern will interact with TSM team members, listeners and media representatives to help build and maintain a strong brand image and disseminate information regarding each of TSM’s local stations.The position requires 15-20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern may work on the following projects:
- Top-edit several posts and features
- Share station posts on TSM’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Write press releases and disseminate information to media outlets
- Grow the local digital audience
- Assist in creative projects, including videos and blogging
- Attend TSM Southwest Michigan’s Live Events as part of the team and create content for the radio stations’ websites and social sites (ex: Oktobeerfest Kalamazoo, America On Tap Beer Fest, Wine Not? Winter Wine Festival, Ribfest, etc.)
- Publicize news/events related to the greater community
- Help develop a social media plan
- Update and maintain media contact lists
- Implement promotions online
- Research local events, news and information and develop story ideas for online contributors
- Other tasks as needed
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.