Stuff The Bus 2015
We have some great info on how to give children in Southwest Michigan a Merry Christmas.
All of the KFR DJ's will be on hand to Stuff The Bus this Saturday from 10 AM - 6PM.
You'll find us in the Moe's Southwest Grill parking lot on South Westnedge Ave in a Kalamazoo Metro Transit bus.
According to Cindy Schrauben of Big Brothers Big Sisters, "It seems that the first instinct for many people is to buy gifts for young children. But, unfortunately, this often means that there are few gifts for tweens and teens. We do serve many children who are between the ages of 11 and 18 so gifts for this age range are especially needed."
Here are some suggestions:
- Personal hygiene items
- Gift cards
- Movie tickets
- Nail polish
- Clothing: hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts, socks, etc.
- Teen’s fashion scarves and hats
- Jewelry (pierced earrings, bracelets, necklaces)
- Board games
- itunes cards
- Basic watch
- Bike lock/chain
- Air pump for bike and/or balls
- Bus Tokens
- Scientific calculator
- Drawing/art supplies
- Sports equipment
How does Stuff the Bus make an impact here in Southwest Michigan?
- Big Brothers Big Sisters will serve 1,250 children this year.
- The ages served are 6 to 18.
- Male mentors are especially needed as there are about 200 children, mostly boys, on our waiting list.
- Families and couples can mentor a boy together which makes it easy to meet commitments to family and their Little.
- The children we serve are just normal kids who want and need additional adult guidance in their lives.