Plenty Of Parades This Weekend!
I am always down for a good parade! They bring back some really great memories growing up. When I was a kid I always remember going to the Memorial Day Parade! This was over on the east side of the state in Auburn Hills. We lived close enough that we could walk from my house. We would get up early and find a good spot on the parade route. Mom would pack some snacks and drinks and we were out the door! I remember how excited I was to go downtown and see all my friends, and after at the American Legion Hall there was always an after party with live bands, BBQ, carnival games, and a car show!
Hopefully you can continue the parade tradition going with your family this weekend, or maybe make it a new one! Here are some parades going on this weekend. For the full list click HERE!
- Climax - 10 a.m. parade from Climax-Scotts High School to Prairie Home Cemetery.
- Gobles - 9 a.m. parade on M-40 to ceremony at park.
- Kalamazoo - 10 a.m. from Michigan Avenue to Riverside Cemetery on Gull Road.
- Mattawan - 11 a.m. parade from Mattawan Elementary School to ceremony
- Portage - 10 a.m. parade from Southland Mall on South Westnedge Avenue to Veterans Memorial.