Best and Worst Halloween Candy For Kids
Before you go out with your little kiddies Friday night, here's some candy do's and dont's for trick or treating!!!! Say NO to cavities:)
1. Hard Candies and Lollipops (these keep sugar in your mouth for the longest time)
- Jolly Ranchers
- Lollipops, etc.
2. Chewy Candy (sticks between teeth)
- Now and Laters
- Starbursts, etc.
3. Candy with Fillings (sticks between teeth)
- Three Muskateers
- Milky Way, etc.
Some of these types of candies may be your children’s favorites. However, they pack a nasty punch to your teeth in the process. The best advice that we can give you from a dental perspective is to buy your children candy that is not sticky, so that it clears the teeth and gums quickly versus hanging around for a while exposing their teeth to acid attacks for hours at a time potentially.
On the other hand, there are some better options that you can give your children in order to look out for their dental well being without sacrificing too much flavor. From the best to not as good, some of these better options are:
- Sugar Free Gum and Candies (artificial sweeteners have come a long ways recently)
- Powdered Candies (these dissolve quickly and can be poured directly on the tongue)
- Chocolate (believe it or not, it’s not the best but also not the worst)