5 Surprising Reasons To Drink More Wine
Don't feel guilty about drinking wine, it's good for you.
It is important to remember to drink wine in moderation. Over consumption of any type of alcoholic beverage puts your health at risk. Drinking wine in moderation has some amazing benefits. The NY Post came up with 13 reasons to drink more wine and here are the top 5 best:
1. Reduces risk of depression. If you consume wine in moderation, you reduce the chance of falling into depression. A study found that if you drink two to seven glasses of wine each WEEK, you're less likely to be diagnosed with depression. Over consumption is your one-way ticket to being diagnosed with depression. Moderation is KEY.
2. Slows the aging process. Wait, there's a fountain of youth made of wine? Sounds too good to be true but researchers at Harvard found that there is a gene in red wine that has anti-aging properties. So you're saying I can toss the expensive creams and vitamins? Yes please.
3. Prevents breast cancer. We've all heard that alcohol can INCREASE the risk of breast cancer. While that may be true, researchers found that red wine can have the opposite effect.
"Chemicals found in the seeds of red grapes reduce estrogen levels in pre-menopausal women, while increasing their testosterone levels — the perfect cocktail for a lower risk of developing breast cancer." NY Post
4. Reduces the risk of dementia. A study from Loyola University Medical Center found that if you drink wine in moderation, you are 23% less likely to develop dementia.
“We don’t recommend that non-drinkers start drinking. But moderate drinking, if it is truly moderate, can be beneficial.” - NY Post
5. Protects from sunburn. Drinking wine can prevent you from getting a severe sunburn. It has something to do with UV rays and skin cells,
"...in a nutshell, the flavonoids in wine inhibit the ROS in skin cells that are exposed to UVA and UVB rays." NY Post
Remember: Over consumption is bad. Moderation is good.