5 Reasons Farting Is Good For Your Health
Everything you thought about passing gas is wrong.
It's embarrassing and smelly, but flatulence has many health benefits. According to littlethings.com,
First and foremost, passing gas is a totally natural bodily function.
"It’s a necessary and normal part of digesting food; as your stomach and intestines break down chow for nutrients, a certain amount of gas is the inevitable by-product. Absolutely everybody in the whole world has to do it for their digestive health; it would be much more worrisome if you didn’t fart."
Here are the top 5 reasons passing gas is beneficial to your health:
1. Reduces Bloating. We've all felt bloated and full and for whatever reason and it's most likely GAS. Just let it go.
2. Good For Your Colon. You're not supposed to hold it in because it could cause damage to your colon.
3. It Can Be a Warning. If the smell or pain is worse than usual, it could be a warning sign that something's not right in your health department, including lactose intolerance and even colon cancer.
4. The Odor Is Actually Good For You. It sounds weird, but bear with us;
"...studies have indicated that a compound we produce in small quantities in our gas, hydrogen sulfide, might actually protect us from later illness. This gas is the “rotten egg” smell often present in digestive gas, and is toxic in large doses, but in small doses may stave off cell damage and prevent strokes and heart attacks down the line."
5. Tells You If You Have The Right Amount of Good AND Bad Bacteria In Your Stomach. The healthier you are, the more you're going to pass gas, especially if you listen to your mother and eat your veggies;
"...leafy greens kick your gut bacteria into high gear, which means both better digestion, and more gases produced."
If you are someone who passes gas a lot more than anyone else you know, it's not a bad thing, it's good for you.