You Know Summer Is Coming In Michigan When They Announce Road Construction Plans
Summer is coming, and so is massive road construction on I-94 in Southwest Michigan.
Mlive.com is reporting a major inconvenience on I-94 this summer, and the prep for the new portion of road starts today!
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) has started tree trimming and tree removal today in the area of Eastbound I-94 between Bridgeman and Stevensville in Berrien County.
Once the prep work is finished, MDOT will begin work on the 7.4 mile stretch of highway. Mlive.com reported that...
"The $9.8 million project includes replacing median cable barrier and guardrails, culvert replacement, new signs and right-of-way fence."
Besides the lovely upgrades that we here in West Michigan can look forward too, here are some other details that might interest you...
- The actual construction will start on Monday April 17th
- The plan is to have the work done by Friday Sept. 22nd
- There will be night closures
- There will be weekend work happening
- Double-lane closures will occur at night
- And the WORST part is there will be single lane closures during the day and peak travel times
The Mayhem In The Morning (Tess and I) will keep you updated about any closures or traffic issues. Oh, and do not be shy, if you see something let us know 978-1033!