Wreaths Across America Honors Fallen Veterans In Battle Creek
Wreaths Across America is happening on December 16th at Fort Custer in Battle Creek and you can be part of this amazing event! Get the information below...
Since 2006 the local Civil Air Patrol has partnered with Wreaths Across America to lay wreaths for our local heroes. Talons Out is proud to support their work within our community. And here is why..,
Our Fallen US Veterans
Those Who Served
Your Children The Value Of Freedom
All across the nation, Wreaths Across America ceremonies are held simultaneously at each of our national cemeteries on a specified day each December. Over 1000 locations hold wreath laying ceremonies in every state, Puerto Rico and 24 overseas cemeteries. Over 700,000 wreaths are placed on veterans’ graves. Over 60,000 volunteers participate.
YOU and your entire family to be a part of this year’s event at Fort Custer as we Honor and Remember our fallen. I will be there and I hope that many others will
You can donate a wreath in memory or honor of your family member. Talons Out will receive $5 for every wreath donated.
Here is where I will be placing wreaths to honor my Grandparents for their service and sacrifices.
I hope that even if you don't have a person to place a wreath for at Fort Custer, you take part in this amazing event. Just think, there could a service man or woman who's family does not live close enough to set a wreath on their resting place, and you could be that person!
You don't have to purchase a wreath to participate in this great family event! All ages are welcome and the event is December 16th.
Here are some things Wreaths Across America remind us all to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as "how" they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.