WMU Daylong Homecoming Festivities Set For Saturday
Homecoming at WMU on Saturday is a daylong celebration.
The WMU campus and extended Kalamazoo community will celebrate a traditional collegiate homecoming that revolves around the theme, "We Will Reign."
Homecoming Saturday caps off a week of activities leading up to the centerpiece--the football game at Waldo Stadium with the WMU Broncos against Ohio University.
Saturday begins with an early morning 5K race and ends with a Bronco hockey game against Alaska and a University Theatre offering.
• Homecoming Campus Classic 5k/1k race - 5k run or walk and 1k fun run, parking opens at 7 a.m., first race begins at 8:45 a.m. Award ceremony follows in Student Recreation Center.
• Pancake breakfast - with the Haworth College of Business, Parking Lot 1 on Oakland Drive, 10 a.m. to noon. Registration required.
• Homecoming tailgate - for WMU alumni and friends, featuring all-you-can-eat barbecue, entertainment and family activities, Parking Lot 1 on Oakland Drive, tailgate begins three hours prior to kickoff. Alumni will have the opportunity to sign beams going into the renovated East Hall, which will be the new Alumni Center. Tickets required.
• Bronco football vs. Ohio, Waldo Stadium, 2 p.m., homecoming king and queen crowned at halftime.
• Parade of Nations - 2 p.m., before the homecoming football game. A pre-game tailgate party for international participants will be held at 11 a.m. at Kanley Track.
• National Pan-Hellenic Council Marchdown - Display of Greek life, Bernhard Center East Ballroom, 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Bronco hockey vs. Alaska - Lawson Ice Arena, 7 p.m. Tickets: wmubroncos.com or (888) 4-WMU-TIX.
• University Theatre - presents (through Nov. 2) "Cymbeline," Williams Theatre in the Gilmore Theatre Complex, 7:30 p.m. Tickets: (269) 387-6222 or online.