What’s Going on This Weekend in Kalamazoo – December 7th-9th
Cabin fever creeping in? Need to get out of your pre-holiday rut? Head out to downtown Kalamazoo this weekend to check out some great music and more.
- Art Hop! - Friday, December 7th, 5:30pm-8:00pm - With gift-giving on the mind, browse Art Hop! Downtown Kalamazoo transforms in to an art gallery every month, and what better time to browse than when gift-giving is on the mind. Click here for a brochure of participating locations and find that unique something for that someone you love.
- Eccentric Day at Bell's - Friday, December 7th, 9am-Close - Celebrate what makes you YOU and what makes Kalamazoo unique at Bell's annual Eccentric Day. Live music including Aston Neighborhood Pleasure Club, DJ M. Sord, DJ Hardbargain, and, of course, YOU with Live Band Karaoke.
- Kalamazoo Mandolin & Guitar Orchestra at Kalamazoo Valley Museum - Friday, December 7th, 7pm - According to their website:
The orchestra enjoys performing a wide variety of music including classical, world, and traditional mandolin orchestra music.
- Tom Waits Tribute Show at Final Gravity - Saturday, December 8th - 8:00pm - This is the 4th annual Tom Waits Tribute featuring Kalamazoo's own Megan Dooley, Green Light Music's Abe Savas' band Hollywood Be Thy Name, and so many more local artists. Final Gravity is brewing up a Tom Waits inspired Stout in honor of the man, the myth, the legend. They invite you to come dressed as your favorite low-life or seedy character for the occasion.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Kalamazoo Civic Theatre - This phantasmagorical show continues flying through the weekend. Great show for the whole family. Call the Box Office for ticket availability: 249-343-1313.