What To Do When Your Family Comes To Kalamazoo
Not only is Santa coming to town, but family is as well.
My mother informed me that she is coming to stay with me the week between Christmas and New Years. I simply adore my Mom and have requested her to come visit me often, but this time she said yes. WHAT?!? I was not expecting to entertain over the holidays which means there are many, many, many, many things that need to be attended to before my Momma's arrival. I really don't know where to start to prep for my lovely guest, so I visited the web-site alert-1.com and this was their main advice...
- Clean your house and removing hazards. That includes anything that can be tripped over or slipped on, including pet bowls, electrical cords, and rugs.
- Arrange the furniture so walkways are clear.
- Move items your parents might need so that they are within easy reach. This includes items their favorite cereal and extra toilet paper.
- Place non-slip strips on steps, in the bathroom, and in the bathtub.
- Make sure home is well lit. Add a lamp within easy reach of their bed so they don’t have to navigate in the dark.
I know that a lot of advice columns talk about having a basket of essentials available for your guest. According too Lizmarieblog.com the basket should contain lotion, shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, & more samples in the guest room available for the guests to grab & use whenever they need them. Extra wash clothes and towels are recommended along with your guests favorite treats in the fridge and pantry.
The best part of the holidays is spending it with those you love...I just hope my Mom can over look the dust bunnies.