West Michigan’s Hidden Treasure
Last week I received 'The Gull Lake News' and was thrilled to find the ad for 'Kellogg Biological Station'.
We all get junk mail/things we didn't sign up for, but I got a good one in the mail. The 'Gull Lake News', made it's way to me and I was thrilled to read about the 'Kellogg Biological Station'.
I had no idea what a wonderful and beautiful area we had right here in our backyard! I discovered the Kellogg Biological Station located on East Gull Lake in Hickory Corners.
KBS.MSU.edu website describes the area...
"The W.K. Kellogg Biological Station is Michigan State University’s largest off-campus education complex and one of North America’s premier inland field stations."
The Kellogg Biological Station is gem in our community, the website explains it best!
"Michigan State University’s W.K. Kellogg Biological Station is a place where people come to increase their understanding of natural and managed ecosystems and their linkages to society. Our extraordinary people engage with and educate the community. They conduct world-changing research, and they never stop learning and evolving. With nearly a century of experience, we’re moving full steam ahead."
Cat S said..."Beautiful location, helpful staff."
Events At Kellogg Biological Station...
- May 10th, June 3rd, June 14th - Birds and Coffee Walk from 9 am to 10:30 am
- May 14th - Mother's Day Brunch from 10:15 am to 1:30 pm
- May 19th - Michigan Wines Dinner from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- June 10th - Wild Edibles Workshop from 9:00 am to 12 noon
- June 13th - The Tale of Beatrix Potter Tea from 3 pm to 5 pm
- June 13th - Pasture Dairy Open House 90th Celebration from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- June 14th - Wild Wednesdays: Bees! What's The Buzz from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- June 28th - Wild Wednesdays: Trumpeter Swans!
And that is just the start to summer! Imagine what amazing things they have planned for the rest of the season!