Deaf West Michigan Puppy Stung By Bees And Abandoned By His Owner
Stinger is a 10 month old puppy who was severally stung by bees, now has a skin infection and no home to call his own.
Stinger is a Deaf pit bull mix that was attacked by a swarm of bees then abandoned by his owners. Thankfully a West Michigan rescue organization took him in, but his story has gotten worse.
Stinger had an allergic reaction to the bee stings and was taken to Michigan State University for treatment it was there the veterinarians discovered that he also suffers from an auto immune disease known as Pemphigus. According to Petmd.com...
Pemphigus is the general designation for a group of autoimmune skin diseases involving ulceration and crusting of the skin, as well as the formation of fluid-filled sacs and cysts (vesicles), and pus filled lesions (pustules). Some types of pemphigus can also affect the skin tissue of the gums.
If the puppy were not going through enough at this time, he also has a highly contagious skin disease that was caused by mites that burrowed in his skin. The sweet pup is literally fighting for his life, is extremely uncomfortable, and in pain.
The rescue is doing everything they can to care for Stinger and find him a home, but his treatment is going to be very expensive, and it is unsure how long his recovery will take.
Such a sad situation for such a young, sweet pup!