Traveling Hockey Hall of Fame Exhibit Coming To Wings Event Center
The Kalamazoo Wings announced today the 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week, presented by PNC Bank and Bronson Sports Medicine is coming to Kalamazoo from February 1-6, 2016. With that, the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto will be erecting a series of mobile exhibits and trophies at Wings Event Center on February 5th and 6th.
“We’re a city that has deeply rooted traditions in the game of hockey,” K-Wings director of sales Toni Daniels said. “To have the Hockey Hall of Fame bringing prestigious trophies and some of their most popular displays and games lets people of all ages experience what is usually only available in Toronto.”
The traveling exhibit housed out of Toronto, Ontario, will feature artifacts from the depths of the Hockey Hall of Fame, with a focus on the long history of hockey in the state of Michigan, the ECHL, stars of the NHL and the origins of the game. Additionally, several of hockey’s most prestigious trophies will be on hand from the Hockey Hall of Fame, as well as exciting interactive hockey games for children, allowing Kalamazoo players to participate with young fans during select times throughout the event.
The exhibit will also be featured during the Kalamazoo Optimist Hockey Association tournament at Wings Event Center, which will showcase over 300 youth players from the Kalamazoo region.
“With the rich tradition of hockey in the city of Kalamazoo and the state of Michigan, the ECHL is thrilled to bring the Hockey Hall of Fame to our fans through the support of Sutton Special Risk,” said Ryan Crelin, senior vice president of the ECHL. “These artifact exhibits, trophies, and games are the center piece for this event, as we celebrate the tradition of our great game.”
The announcement of the Hall of Fame exhibits comes following the naming of Detroit Red Wings executive vice president and general manager Ken Holland as the keynote speaker during the 9th annual ECHL Hall of Fame Luncheon on February 5 at the Radisson Plaza Hotel.
Highlights of the 2016 CCM/ECHL Hockey Heritage Week:
· Stanley Cup and Kelly Cup tour of Kalamazoo and surrounding area
· 9th Annual ECHL Hall of Fame Luncheon presented by BFL Canada with keynote speaker Ken Holland of the Detroit Red Wings
· Representatives from all 28 ECHL teams in attendance
· NHL trophies, exhibits and games from the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto
· Special fan interactions with players, coaches and alumni
· Hockey Heritage merchandise available for purchase
· Exclusive ticket packages (available here)
· Two games between Kalamazoo and Toledo
· Performances from the Zooperstars during all intermissions of both games