Top 5 Holiday Safety Tips
Trees are decorated, lights trim the house and candles are a glow. With all the beauty of the holiday season, we still have to remain safe. Here are 5 'Holiday Safety Tips'.
The National Safety Council has a great list of Holiday Safety Tips on their web-site nsc.org. There are many great tips to keep you and your family safe this season but here are what I believe are the top 5.
5 Holiday Safety Tips...
- Never use candles near trees, boughs, curtains/drapes, or with any potentially flammable item.
- Stand your tree away from fireplaces, radiators and other sources.
- Avoid placing breakable ornaments or ones with small, detachable parts on lower brances where small children or pets can reach them.
- Use no more then three light sets on any one extension cord.
- Turn off all lights on trees and decoration when you go to bed or leave the house.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!