Tax Day Is Delayed, You Don’t Have To File Until April 18th
Normally we as American’s make sure to get out taxes not only done, but signed, and post marked April 15th, but that is not the case this year.
This year our taxes our due on April 18th, rather on the April 15th, which is the traditional time of the year to file. According to the balance.com…
“Usually, April 15 is the day taxes are due. But in 2017, that falls on a Saturday. On Monday, the District of Columbia celebrates Emancipation Day. That affects taxes the same way federal holidays do. Emancipation Day is normally April 16, but that’s a Sunday. Therefore, the tax deadline is pushed out to the following Tuesday, April 18.”
Now that we have three days to post-pone the inevitable, the Morning Mayhem decided to look into what celebrities have been forced to claim bankruptcy (and not always because of tax issues).
According to bankruptcy.findlaw.com, bankruptcy means…
“Bankruptcy is a generalized term for a federal court procedure that helps consumers and businesses get rid of their debts and repay their creditors.”
Ranker.com is full of celebrity information, these are the Morning Mayhem favorites!
Six Celebrities That Have Claimed Bankruptcy…
- President Donald Trump – Claimed corporate bankruptcy in 1991, 1992, 2004 and 2009
- Walt Disney – In 1921 he filed for bankruptcy after his Laugh-O-Gram Studio failed and left him in debt. It wan’t until he created Mickey Mouse that he got back on his feet.
- Wesley Snipes – Filed for bankruptcy in 2006 when indicted for tax evasion. His IRS bill was over $12 million and he ended up spending 3 years in jail for mismanaging his money.
- Elton John – Claimed bankruptcy in back in 2002 he fell deeply in debt due to all his properties across the world.
- Mike Tyson – Decided to declare bankruptcy in 2003 after reporting that he was $27 million in debt.
- Burt Reynolds – After his marriage to Loni Anderson, Burt found himself $10 million in debut, so he filed for bankruptcy in 1996.
Six Other Celebrities That Have Claimed Bankruptcy…
- Pamela Anderson – It was back in 2012 that she declared bankruptcy.
- McHammer (‘Hammer Don’t Hurt Em’) – In 1996 the singer owed more then $13 million, so he filed for bankruptcy.
- Willie Nelson – Owed $16 million in back taxes and was forced to file bankruptcy in 1990.
- Dorthy Hamill – skated her way to bankruptcy back in 1996 when her debts totaled $1.6 million.
- Larry King – The CNN talk show host has filed bankruptcy twice. First in 1960, and then again in 1978…not bad considering how many times he has been married.
- Debbie Reynolds – The actress owned a Las Vegas hotel and casino that went under. Due to that financial loss she declared bankruptcy in 1997.
Good luck finding all the information you need to file, and I will see you at the post office on April 18th 2017!
Subscribe to WKFR on