Rising Kalamazoo River Floods Ballpark and Some Streets in Vine and Edison Neighborhoods
Rising water levels on the Kalamazoo Rivers have partially flooded Homer Stryker Field, and has forced the City of Kalamazoo to shut down some streets in the Vine and Edison neighborhoods.
The National Weather Service reports 9 feet is flood stage for the Kalamazoo River at Comstock and currently it's 9.75 ft.
In addition the ballpark being flooded,according to the City of Kalamazoo, these streets are closed due to flooding:
- Crosstown Parkway between Portage Street and Walter Street
- Dutton Street between Portage Street and Jasper Street
- Vine Street between Crosstown Parkway and Jasper Street
- Vine Street between Portage Street and Walter Street
- Sheldon Street between Crosstown Parkway and 2nd Street
The Growlers don't have a game until late May, and Kalamazoo On Tap is 10 days prior to that.