How To Find The Right Contractor – Kalamazoo Home & Garden Expo
Spring is here and now it's time to work on projects around your home. The Home & Garden Expo is the perfect place for building trends, products, ideas, and inspiration.
When: March 9th-12th - Thursday - 12pm-8pm/ Friday - 12pm-8pm/ Saturday 10am-8pm/ Sunday 11am-4pm
Where: The Kalamazoo Expo Center
Before you go you need to know how to find the right contractor. Here are some tips on how to find the right contractor for you.
1. Check the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org to find out how long they've been in business and what their rating is. The last thing you want is to have work done then something go wrong and you not be able to find the contractor to fix it.
2. Ask for referrals from previous customers.
3. Ask for a builder's license and insurance. You want to make sure they have sufficient liability insurance and worker's comp, if not you could be liable for any accidents on your property.
4. Be careful of a contractor wanting full payment up front. They could take your payment and run and you never get the work done.
5. See if the business has a permanent location.
6. Make sure the builder or contractor provide you with a clear and written proposal.