Cheap Tacky ShowBlog – Wednesday
Still fighting a nasty chest cold, so this is a little slim. (A term that will never be associated with me. Ha!)
On this day in 1957, that big school in Kalamazoo became Western Michigan University!
From wikipedia: The University was first officially known as Western State Normal School, and originally offered a 2-year training program. The first principal and president was Dwight B. Waldo, who served from 1904 until 1936. The school was renamed Western State Teachers College in 1927 and Western Michigan College of Education in 1941, Western Michigan College of Education renamed Western Michigan College in 1955, On February 26, 1957, Governor G. Mennen Williams signed into law a bill making Western Michigan College the state’s fourth public university.
-Working on your appearance
-Reading celebrity gossipA. Working on your appearance! A Today/AOL study found the average woman spends 55 minutes a day working on her appearance. Other findings:
- Women worry about their appearance more than their finances
- Almost 8 out of 10 women have complained about their appearance to someone in the last month
- Moms are doubly stressed about their appearance with 73% showing worry compared to 65% of women without children.
- 46% of women say social media photos stress them out
- What’s your religion
- Are you a Democrat or Republican?
- How old are you?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- Do you like sex?
- Are your friends hot?
- How many kids do you want?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How many partners have you had?
- Want to hear about the girls I’ve dated recently?
Yes your kids are devastated, but your divorce is good for the economy, cheers YourTango.com. Yep, this is the third year in a row the divorce rate has increased, and the U.S. Census Bureau found it gives a boost to the economy. Why? When someone moves out, they need a new place to live, right? Yep, there’s a housing boom. More on this here